What is your Wellness Strategy for the New Year?
Don’t have one? Before you create a Wellness strategy, let’s define what this means.
The word Strategy is defined in a business dictionary as the following:
- A method or plan chosen to bring about a desired future, such as achievement of a goal or solution to a problem.
- The art and science of planning and marshalling resources for their most efficient and effective use.
Now, for the dictionary definition of Wellness:
- The quality or state of being healthy in body and mind, especially as the result of deliberate effort.
- An approach to healthcare that emphasizes preventing illness and prolonging life, as opposed to emphasizing treating diseases.
Wellness is about not just physical, but also mental well-being. So any plan that does not include both will fall short of the goal of Wellness.
Have you ever known anyone, you or a family member, that could shed the first 20 pounds, but then hit a wall or block on the last 15 pounds? There is a very real reason for this and until you know the truth about what that extra baggage is about, your Wellness Strategy will be unproductive. And that is contrary to the definition of Strategy above where it references “…marshalling resources for their most efficient and effective use.”
Here are five steps to move you closer to developing your personal strategy.
- Out with the old and in with the new. Cleansing your body systems especially after the holidays is a step in the right direction to shedding pounds and old belief systems. When the body is exposed to the toxic fumes from exhausts, chemical cleaners, perfumes, and household cleaners, a cleanse is a great way to move those through. Cleanses also create the vehicle to move out old emotions that latch on at the cellular level. Learn more about Purification Programs.
- Support your body systems with everyday maintenance. Did you know that your body has innate wisdom to help you function each day? It looks like this; your body heals after surgery or cutting your finger, your immune system supports you through colds and flu and you don’t even need to tell it what to do. What if you could provide your body support to enhance these systems for further reinforcement? Look no further, you only need a six hour course called; BodyTalk Access.
- Provide yourself proper nutrition. The purification program teaches you new foods to eat that support your body systems to allow for proper detox pathways to be engaged. However, today’s farming practices and food processing have made it difficult to receive proper supplementation. Not to mention each person is incredibly unique so the only way to properly supplement is to make sure you are working with a healthcare professional or use a health assessment to identify your unique needs. Watch a video to learn more.
- Face your emotional blocks! Most people don’t realize that their emotions lock into many parts of the body especially the fat cells. And emotions left unchecked can lead to a host of imbalances in the body that will eventually lead to disease not to mention weight issues. Emotions can block any area of life such as: Fitness, Finance, Family, Field (career), Faith, Friends, and even Fun. Do you know anyone that has some emotions around any of these areas in life? In order to have a complete Wellness Strategy that brings health to body and mind AND assists in “…marshalling resources for their most efficient and effective use…” one must be willing to address emotional blocks in your journey. And if you are not, this Wellness Strategy is NOT for you. We recommend the following seven week program to address emotional blocks.
- Fine tune maintenance of body systems. Be active. Work with a qualified trainer or participate at your local recreation center. Find something to keep your body moving. There is no substitute. Check out IDTransformation and take the challenge. By doing so, you will receive free access to our IDWellness app that provides you 3D body modeling of your body’s fitness journey, daily nutrition menus, daily workouts with video guidance, Wellness video library, Wellness education blogs and community.
For more information on any of these programs contact me.